Place Location: Vancouver most popular
Date Posted: July 15, 2021
Software deadline: August 15, 2021
SEEKING: a graphic designer with an eye fixed for daring and fashionable design, confirmed expertise producing print and digital merchandise (bonus factors for video), and a ardour for local weather motion.
ABOUT THIS JOB
The Graphic Designer is chargeable for designing Clear Power Canada’s varied communications supplies, together with all studies, necessary displays, social media postcards, and different graphic wants as they come up. Familiarity with video modifying could be an asset. This place is roughly half-time with often scheduled working hours. The function can be based mostly out of our Vancouver workplace with some flexibility (Toronto, Ottawa, and Victoria could also be thought of, however Vancouver is most popular).
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Designs all Clear Power Canada studies (InDesign) and makes vital revisions
- Designs social media postcards (Photoshop/Illustrator) and GIFs in shut session with the Sr. Digital Communications Specialist
- Designs necessary displays (PowerPoint) and funder studies (InDesign)
- Assists with printing when vital
- Acts because the group’s “co-art-director” alongside the Communications Director
- Implements and challenge manages any visible model refreshes or updates (such because the creation of a brand new template for employees use)
Model repairs and archiving
- Ensures visible consistency and high quality throughout all designed supplies, our web site, and different digital channels
- Manages, organizes, and retains present our library of photographs and visible belongings
Video manufacturing (asset)
- Works with the Senior Digital Communications Specialist on video manufacturing, starting from sourcing inventory footage to video modifying, relying on talent stage and time
QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS
- Related work expertise in an analogous function, at a artistic company, or as a contractor
- A confirmed historical past of assembly deadlines
- A portfolio of related work, together with each print and digital design samples
- Fluency with the Adobe suite, particularly InDesign, Illustrator, and Photoshop
- Understands the necessities and greatest practices for print design versus digital
- Video modifying abilities could be an asset
- A ardour for combating local weather change with a solutions-oriented strategy
The Graphic Designer studies to the Communications Director
Clear Power Canada affords a aggressive non-profit wage, trip, and a well being advantages bundle.
The right way to Apply
Should you assume this place appears like an ideal match for you, please submit a cowl letter, resume, and portfolio of designed supplies to firstname.lastname@example.org, following these directions:
- Format your resume, cowl letter, and portfolio as a single PDF file named utilizing this conference: LastName_FirstInitial_CEC_DesignerApplication_2021.pdf
- Restrict your cowl letter to not more than two pages and deal with it to Trevor Melanson, Communications Director.
- Your portfolio ought to embrace examples of each print and digital design.
Clear Power Canada is an equal-opportunity employer. Whereas we respect all expressions of curiosity, solely these candidates chosen for an interview can be contacted.
Purposes submitted by August 15, 2021 can be thought of. The best begin date for the profitable applicant is September 2021.
About Clear Power Canada
Clear Power Canada is a local weather and clear power program inside the Morris J. Wosk Centre for Dialogue at Simon Fraser College. We work to speed up Canada’s clear power transition by sharing the story of the worldwide shift to renewable power sources and clear know-how. We conduct authentic analysis, convene influential dialogues, inform coverage management, and construct citizen engagement.
Modern communication has been a pillar of our success to this point, and it’s one the explanations thought leaders flip to Clear Power Canada for the coverage evaluation, information, and perception they should higher perceive and advance Canada’s power transition. We’re ceaselessly quoted within the media, and we additionally communicate on to a whole lot of hundreds of Canadians each month via our in style social media channels.
We try to be modern, collaborative, data-driven, and attentive to shifts within the political and coverage panorama. We work in a fast-paced atmosphere the place clear and fascinating communications issues and the place every particular person’s contribution counts.