Posted by Ashley Francisco, Head of Startup Developer Ecosystem, Canada
Earlier this summer season we shared particulars about how the Google for Startups Accelerator program is increasing its help for founders from underrepresented teams. Along with our Black Founders accelerator program, the enlargement included a second 12 months of programming particularly designed for women-led startups in North America.
We launched the inaugural Google for Startups Accelerator: Ladies Founders program in 2020, with a purpose to tackle gender disparity within the startup ecosystem and supply high-quality mentorship alternatives and help for girls founders. Research confirmed that solely 16% of small and medium sized companies have been owned by girls, and that ladies typically lack entry to enterprise capitalist funding and accelerator packages to assist launch and scale up their companies.
This 12 months, we have now designed one other nice program for our girls founders, and at present we’re thrilled to announce the 12 women-led startups becoming a member of our class of 2021.
With out additional ado, meet the Google For Startups Accelerator: Ladies Founders class of 2021!
- Aquacycl (Escondido, California): Aquacycl makes energy-neutral wastewater therapy a actuality, providing modular on-site techniques to deal with high-strength natural waste streams. The BioElectrochemical Therapy Know-how (BETT) is the primary commercially viable microbial gasoline cell, which generates direct electrical energy from wastewater, treating untreatable streams and lowering wastewater administration prices by 20-60%.
- Braze Mobility (Toronto, Ontario): Braze Mobility offers reasonably priced navigation options for wheelchair customers. It developed the world’s first blind spot sensor system that may be connected to any wheelchair, remodeling it into a wise wheelchair that routinely detects obstacles and offers alerts to the consumer by means of intuitive lights, sounds, and vibrations.
- Claira (Grand Rapids, Michigan): Claira is a competency analytics engine that helps organizations perceive their individuals and rent higher.
- ImagoAI (Saint Paul, Minnesota): ImagoAI’s proprietary AI answer does real-time meals security and high quality testing at meals manufacturing amenities and on the farms. Its options assist corporations cut back manufacturing line maintain occasions by greater than 90%, delivering constant high quality merchandise, and cut back waste by early inspection.
- Journey Meals (Austin, Texas): Journey Meals solves meals science and provide chain inefficiencies with software program with a purpose to assist corporations feed 8 billion individuals higher. They construct enterprise know-how that improves product administration, ingredient intelligence, and manufacturing insights for CPG corporations, grocery shops, suppliers, and producers.
- Nyquist Knowledge (Palo Alto, California): Nyquist Knowledge helps corporations around the globe entry crucial knowledge and insights, which maximizes effectivity, assets, and outcomes for innovation.
- Paperstack (Toronto, Ontario): Paperstack is an all-in-one platform that helps self-employed people with incorporation, bookkeeping, and taxes.
- Pocketnest (Ann Arbor, Michigan): Pocketnest is a complete monetary planning software concentrating on genX and millennials. The corporate licenses its software program to monetary establishments and employers, serving to them join with a youthful viewers and develop their enterprise. Based mostly on psychology, behavioral science and training, it leads customers by means of all ten themes of non-public funds, leading to actionable gadgets and proposals custom-made for every consumer.
- SAFETYDOCS World (Vancouver, British Columbia): SAFETYDOCS World is a doc administration options platform that streamlines and automates allowing and licensing documentation workflows.
- Schoolytics (Washington, DC): Schoolytics, the Scholar Knowledge Platform, permits faculties to attach disparate pupil datasets, together with the scholar data system (SIS), studying administration techniques (LMS), and assessments, to rework knowledge into significant insights and motion. Its web-based software helps data-driven resolution making by means of real-time analytics and reporting.
- Tengiva (Montreal, Quebec): Tengiva is the primary digital platform enabling real-time provide chain within the textile business by optimizing the everyday months-long procurement course of right into a single-click operation.
- ThisWay (Austin, Texas): ThisWay matches all individuals to all jobs, pretty and with out bias. The online platform precisely delivers certified expertise, whereas rising range and inclusion so ROI is optimized.
Beginning on September 27, the 10-week intensive digital program will carry the very best of Google’s packages, merchandise, individuals and know-how to assist these companies attain their objectives. Collaborating startups obtain deep mentorship on technical challenges and machine studying, in addition to connections to related groups throughout Google. The startups may even obtain nontechnical programming to assist tackle a few of the distinctive limitations confronted by girls founders within the startup ecosystem.
We’re excited to welcome these 12 women-led companies to our Google for Startups Accelerator neighborhood, and stay up for working with them this fall!