The drone trade, like aerospace basically, has fewer ladies. Ladies and Drones started the “Ladies to Watch” awards 5 years in the past to acknowledge and elevate these ladies, making different ladies conscious of the alternatives and developments within the trade.
“The WTW program elevates all the UAS/UAM/AAM trade by recognizing those that are making a constructive distinction in it,” says the Ladies and Drones press launch.
Because it’s inception, the awards have grown. The drone trade has stepped as much as help this system, with main names sponsoring awards and, for the primary time, enabling a financial micro grant of $500 for every honoree. As well as, the awards now honor these groups who work to include variety and inclusivity of their missions.
Sharon Rossmark, Founding father of Ladies and Drones, creator of the awards, and tireless advocate for variety within the drone trade, tells DRONELIFE:
“It has been a tremendous journey to journey by way of the primary 5 years of celebrating ladies within the UAS trade. It’s a major instance of letting your ardour information your function.”
“An enormous because of CES, our sponsors, NASA and the FAA for his or her partnership and unimaginable help. Thanks additionally to our worldwide panel of judges who had the troublesome position of reviewing the submissions. And lastly, a thanks to the outstanding ladies and corporations who participated within the 2021 world search. Transferring ahead, we are going to proceed to boost the profile of girls within the trade and associate with corporations dedicated to an inclusive tradition the place ladies can thrive.”
Ladies to Watch in UAS: 2021
(The next is from a Ladies and Drones press launch.)
- Bronwyn Morgan, Xeo Air – Recipient of the Iris Automation Entrepreneurship Award – Bronwyn Morgan is a Half 107 licensed pilot, FAA Security Consultant and FAA Drone Professional, and is the Founding father of Xeo Air, an AI based mostly drones on demand, knowledge analytics and autonomy platform for mission administration that connects purchasers in telecom, catastrophic response, oil and gasoline, power, building, civil infrastructure.
- Madison Jeffery, Swoop Aero – Recipient of the Skydio Public Security/Service Award – Madison Jeffery of Australia relies in Southern Malawi, the place she manages Swoop Aero’s flagship medical drone logistics community, which connects over 1.5 million folks with important medical provides.
- Karen DiMeo, AERODiMEO LLC – Recipient of the Sabrewing Plane Management Award – As CEO, Karen DiMeo advises her purchasers on points associated to unmanned and superior rising applied sciences within the industrial aerospace ecosystem. Karen has 30 years of expertise within the aviation trade from each authorities and trade management positions.
- April Lanotte, STEM lead for NASA’s Aeronautics Analysis Mission Directorate – Recipient of the Unmanned Security Institute Schooling Award – In her present place with NASA, April Lanotte works on making aerospace science extra accessible to all academics and college students and works with engineers and material consultants on methods so as to add extra STEM alternatives into their missions.
The initiative additionally acknowledged excellent groups:
- Toni Drummond, CEO of World Aerial Administration Group – Recipient of the Volatus Aerospace Innovation Staff Award – World Aerial Administration Group, which operates a large number of turboprop and jet plane, is 100% Ladies owned and operated. The UAS vertical is increasing and makes a speciality of drone sanitizing, disinfecting of each indoor and outside arenas, stadiums, faculties and different massive areas.
- Pharns Genece, CEO of USOG – Recipient of the FoxFury Staff Highlight Award – Unmanned Methods Operations Goup (USOG) is a modern supplier of medical logistics options using UAS. The varied and inclusive staff of workers is led by Genece, who has 18 years of expertise as a extremely educated flight nurse with US Air Drive Medevac.
- Michael Healander, CEO Airspace Hyperlink, Inc – Recipient of the Ladies and Drones Variety Exemplar Award – Airspace Hyperlink, Inc. builds the digital infrastructure required to help drone use of all kinds, guaranteeing they’re protected, authorized and absolutely benefitting the neighborhood. 60% of the corporate’s management staff is feminine.
“Yearly at CES, tech leaders and promising entrepreneurs convene to share concepts, launch merchandise and forge relationships – all paving the way in which for our future,” stated Karen Chupka, EVP, CES, CTA. “We’re excited to host the Ladies to Watch awards at CES 2022 and acknowledge the trailblazers, innovators, mentors and enterprise leaders making vital contributions to the trade.”
Miriam McNabb is the Editor-in-Chief of DRONELIFE and CEO of JobForDrones, an expert drone providers market, and a fascinated observer of the rising drone trade and the regulatory setting for drones. Miriam has penned over 3,000 articles targeted on the industrial drone area and is a world speaker and acknowledged determine within the trade. Miriam has a level from the College of Chicago and over 20 years of expertise in excessive tech gross sales and advertising and marketing for brand spanking new applied sciences.
For drone trade consulting or writing, E-mail Miriam.
Subscribe to DroneLife right here.