Think about you wish to purchase one thing. You go to bol.com and also you begin typing the article within the search bar. Routinely you can be served ideas and in consequence, you need a restricted variety of articles from our 30 million merchandise catalogue. You choose the product you need, press the purchase button and there it’s, at your step on the chosen second.
Sounds easy, proper?
Impressed by a chat of our visitor of this episode earlier this 12 months, we wished to search out out what’s behind the search bar. We wished to grasp search queries. Easy at first look, however after we dive into it we discovered it’s far more complicated than you would possibly assume.
We had nice studying: as a buyer, I assist different prospects to enhance their search outcomes. How that works? Take heed to this episode.
The search bar on the bol.com web site
What it takes to go looking
Questions will likely be answered like:
- How do I seek for a product?
- We aren’t speaking concerning the Google Search Engine and web optimization and why we don’t use Google Search?
- How essential is search?
- What occurs once you sort in a search question?
- Phrases it is advisable perceive after we speak about search: relevancy, rating/sorting, first web page, tail web page.
- What gadgets do it is advisable take into consideration: Spelling, Goal Class, Filter values, Broadness.
- How will we take trending matters into consideration?
- As an Worldwide Engineer, is it onerous to work on a search engine with Dutch Product Content material?
Peter Paul van de Beek