I utilized to zomato by means of Referral from a random individual at zomato who shared a publish about hiring SDE 1 in Zomato. I had full-time expertise in android growth for 10 months as an SDE together with a number of internship experiences. I obtained the decision for the interview. The interviews had the next 2 rounds:
Notice – This interview expertise accommodates plenty of phrases associated to android growth. To find out about them, google them.
Spherical 1 (Technical):
- Length – 1 hour quarter-hour
- We began off with my introduction and all stuff have I labored on in android growth. Together with essentially the most difficult job I’ve confronted so far.
- The interviewer requested for extra particulars about my initiatives. I advised him about all of the ideas that I’ve used like RoomDB, Jetpack Navigation, and so on.
- He requested me about my familiarity with information constructions. I replied that I had practiced them effectively and I advised him that I knew arrays, bushes, linked lists, and so on.
- He gave me a real-life state of affairs in an android app-based DSA query. Given a listing of numbers, discover the highest 10 numbers in the identical.
- Since I had seen the query earlier than, I took a couple of minutes and body the a number of approaches I knew. I advised him the bottom method of sorting the record (we mentioned the complexity of sorting) after which I shared a greater resolution.
- I advised him about heap information construction and he requested me to clarify the heap and its inside functioning together with implementation (we mentioned the whole binary search tree, upHeapify, downHeapify, min, and max heap). I used to be additionally requested to inform the complexity of the query utilizing a heap.
- Given a listing of objects, create a clone of the given record. ( I advised the tactic of making a brand new record then iterating over the outdated record and including every object manually. Then he requested me concerning the record.addAll() operate in java, I advised him that I don’t know concerning the inside functioning of the identical).
- One other application-based query – Since a number of photographs are loading exterior libraries in android. Do I’ve any clue about which methodology of caching is utilized by them? I remembered the LRU cache from Working System. (We mentioned how LRU works, its want and the way can we implement the identical).
- One other application-based query – given 4 popups that must be displayed on a display however no two of them ought to be displayed on the similar time. I needed to provide you with an method for a similar.
- The bottom method prompt by me – Load the opposite one as quickly as one closes, the interview edited the query – All of the 4 occasions are mutually unique. I advised an answer by protecting a worldwide boolean variable to examine whether or not a popup is open or not. ( I bought the concept of the identical from Semaphores in Working System, I shared the answer and the interviewer was glad with the answer.
- The interviewer requested me about Android App’s dimension compression utilizing Progaurd, what’s MVVM and the way it survives orientation adjustments, and Dependency Injection.
- The interviewer requested me how I realized about one thing new in android growth, I answered Documentation + Medium Articles + then tutorials
- The interview was over and he requested me if I had any questions. I requested him a couple of bug that I noticed in Zomato’s android software and we had a small dialogue over the identical.
- I used to be shortlisted for the subsequent spherical.
Spherical 2 (Technical):
- Length – 1 hour quarter-hour
- We began off with my introduction and all stuff have i labored on in android growth. Together with essentially the most difficult job I’ve confronted so far.
- The interviewer requested me about Clear Code, Coroutines (scopes and dispatchers), Dependency Injection, ANR crashes, Multi-threading, and Layouts in android.
- The interviewer requested me to open an android studio and design the highest format of a restaurant as within the Zomato app whereas sharing the display.
- It took me approx 15 minutes to make the identical after which we mentioned enhancing the format hierarchy of the identical.
- Submit that we moved on to Information Constructions.
- First DSA Query – Variety of subarrays having product lower than Ok. I shared the brute pressure resolution, publish dialogue on the identical interviewer requested me to consider an optimized resolution, then I advised him an answer utilizing sliding window algorithm. After discussing the identical, I used to be requested to put in writing the pseudo code adopted by house and time complexity
- Second Query – nth node from the tip in a linked record. I already knew the answer for a similar and simply took a couple of minutes to inform the bottom and greatest method for a similar.
- I shared the quick and gradual pointer method, I used to be requested to do a dry run on the given check case and check my method. I used to be additionally requested concerning the complexity of the code.
- The interviewer was glad with the answer and we moved to different questions.
- What’s hashing, hashmap and the way will we deal with the collision instances in the identical.
- How will we do dependency injection with out utilizing any exterior library?
- The interview was over and he requested me if I had any questions. I requested about when can I hear from the recruiter and I requested about the identical bug that I mentioned within the earlier spherical.
In each rounds, the interviewers had been at senior positions at zomato however nonetheless, they had been pleasant and the interviews had been extra of a dialogue fairly than direct solutions. Total the interview expertise was nice.
I used to be chosen for the SDE 1 Android Place.
For DSA – Leetcode + GFG
For Android Growth – Documentation + Medium Articles + tutorials.